SBA Paycheck Protection Program
The Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) is a program embedded within the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) passed on Friday, March 27, 2020 for businesses affected by COVID-19. Specifically,funds have been earmarked for the Small Business Administration (SBA) to administer to approximately 30 million small businesses via Preferred SBA Lenders.
Available to businesses with fewer than 500 employees (that meet eligibility standards set by the SBA), these short-term loans should be used primarily for payroll expenses. With local and statewide “Shelter in Place” orders, these loans allow small businesses to retain and pay employees through this period as we do our part to limit the spread of COVID-19. Additionally, a portion (less than 25%) of the proceeds of these loans can be used to pay outstanding interest payments, rent, leases, utilities, etc. And a majority—up to 100%—of the loan(s) can be forgiven if used properly.
April 3, 2020 >> Small businesses and sole proprietorships can apply for and receive loans to cover their payroll and other certain expenses.
April 10, 2020 >> Independent contractors and self-employed individuals can apply for and receive loans to cover their payroll and other certain expenses.
- April 16, 2020 >> Initial round of funding fully committed; SBA no longer accepting applications and those applications that had not yet received approval have been paused.
- April 23, 2020 >> Second round of PPP funding approved by Congress.
- April 27, 2020 >> SBA begins to accept new applications and continues approval of applications already submitted. See below on how to apply (you must have an existing business relationship with ANBTX to apply).
At this time, we are only able to accept SBA PPP applications if you have a current business relationship with ANBTX.
- Review the Application Checklist and gather the supporting documentation requested. >> SBA PPP Application Checklist
- Go to our Appointment Tool—proceed with this step only after you have gathered the supporting documentation requested in the Checklist listed above and are ready to proceed with an application.
- Select Schedule Now in the Appointment Tool to make an appointment at the banking center where your lender is located or at the ANBTX location nearest you.
- Complete all sections of the appointment request form and in the space titled Additional Notes, indicate that you have reviewed the SBA PPP checklist and are ready to proceed with an application with your lender (list your lender’s name as well, if applicable.)
For complete details about the program, including eligibility requirements, forgiveness guidelines, and more, visit the SBA's website
For ANBTX customers who have additional questions, you can submit general questions via email at ANBTX SBA. (As a reminder, do not send any account or personal information over this email.)